Educators Renewing Licenses in 2018!
To prevent the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS) from overloading due to increased user traffic, ISBE will stagger renewal periods for educators according to license type.
- Educators who hold a PEL and ELS-CTE license, with an expiration of 6/30/2018, may renew beginning April 1, 2018.
- Educators who hold an ELS-PARA license, with an expiration of 6/30/2018, may renew beginning April 15, 2018.
- Educators who hold a SUB license, with an expiration of 6/30/2018, may renew beginning May 1, 2018.
Recording Professional Development Hours
How do I enter my Professional Development Hours into ELIS? Click here
Professional Development Rollover
Beginning April 1, 2017 educators can carry over unused professional development hours completed between April 1st and June 30th of the final years of their renewal cycle to the next five-year renewal cycle. Educators should not record unused professional development in ELIS until July 1st of the next renewal cycle.
Professional Development Newsletter
Submission of an Administrator Academy
- Administrator Academy Course Proposal Template
- Administrator Course Proposal Worksheet
- Course Proposal Rubric
Additional Professional Development Opportunities
- Illinois Reading First
- Illinois Association Regional Superintendent of Schools (IARSS) PD Search
- Illinois Principals Association (IPA) PD Search
- Recess TEC Inc.
- ECON Illinois, Northern Illinois University
- Douglas Heart Nature Center
- Eastern Illinois Area of Special Education (EIASE)
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- UIS GIS Laboratory
- Raising Student Achievement Conference